Diagnosing, Repairing, and Maintaining Viking microwaves
Viking brand microwaves are a perfect example of just how quickly an appliance can become a staple in every house. A little over forty years ago, no one owned one and now most of us can’t even begin to imagine life without one. Most of us aren’t able to get through a single day without yours which is why so many of us panic when we realize that we require Viking microwave repairs.
Types of Viking Microwaves Repaired by Santa Barbara Appliance Repair
While you shopped for your current microwave, you observed that there are a lot of different kinds of microwaves on the market, including a few different versions of the Viking microwave you eventually chose for yourself. Right now, Viking proudly manufactures and sells seven different microwaves, all of which are very nice models. Each has special features that make it a perfect choice for its owner. The differences found in the various Viking microwaves include:
- Some are conventional others are convection
- The size of the microwave
- Different body styles
- Different benefits and special features
Features Viking microwave owners enjoy include:
- A programmable timer
- A warm setting that keeps food warm when someone is running late
- Digital keypads
- And more
Each Viking microwave has its unique quirks and foibles which present different repair issues. As the leading Viking microwave repair experts, we have the experience, skills, and tools needed to accurately diagnose each issue and resolve it. No matter which of the seven Viking microwaves you selected, our microwave repair team is ready and willing to handle the job.
We understand how much stress a malfunctioning microwave brings into your life which is why we work so hard to quickly resolve the matter. When you contact us, you can rest assured that we will have your kitchen appliance up and running in no time at all, but first, you have to contact us and book an appointment. Feel free to use the provided online form, or you can give us a call. The sooner you contact us, the sooner we can handle the necessary repairs and restore order to your life.
When you trust us to handle the issue, you can be confident that your appliance is in good hands. We treat it with the same care and respect we use when working on our own kitchen appliances and are equipped to deal with all the additional features and settings that Viking has added to its microwaves over the years. Allowing us to do the work is generally faster, easier, and more affordable than trying to manage the repairs by yourself.
While panicking is a natural first reaction when you try to use your microwave only to find it won’t work, we urge you to take a deep breath and to calm yourself. The situation isn’t nearly as dire as it first appears. You have lots of options.
The first thing you need to do is check your records and figure out exactly how old the appliance is. If you’ve only had it for a few years, it may still be protected by a warranty, in which case you’ll need to contact Viking and inquire as to whether they want to repair your unit, or if they would rather replace it. Either way, the company will cover the cost.
Keep in mind, that if you do any tinkering with the unit, the warranty will be void and you’ll have to tap into your household budget to cover the cost of either replacing or repairing the Viking microwave.
Diagnosing your Viking Microwave Repair Issues
If your microwave starts, only to shut off after a few minutes of use, the Viking microwave repair problem could stem from one of a few different issues, including:
- One of the door latches is working properly, and after a few seconds use, it signals the unit that the door is open
- An electrical short
- Either the control pad or touch panel needs to be replaced
If your microwave turns on but doesn’t get warm enough to sufficiently heat the contents, the problem may be:
- The diode not sending enough power
- One of the door latches is faulty
- The magnetron needs to be replaced
If you have noticed that the light bulb no longer turns on when the microwave is in use, the issue could signal that there’s:
- Some problem with the light socket
- The light bulb needs to be replaced
- In some cases, the actual problem isn’t the lightbulb, but actually the main control board
If your Viking microwave turns on by itself, even when no one is anywhere near it the problem is generally the main control board. The best thing you can do when this particular problem crops up is to unplug your microwave and call us right away so we can replace the faulty control board.
If your Viking microwave exhaust isn’t working properly, the issue is most likely:
- That the fan motor is bad and needs to be replaced or repaired
- The thermostat isn’t working and isn’t sending the proper signals to activate the exhaust fan
- If all else fails, the main control board might be at the root of this particular problem
If you have noticed that your Viking microwave is growing progressively louder, the Viking microwave repair you most likely require could involve:
- A magnetron that’s either broken or nearly burned out
- The stirrer motor is starting wear out
- The turntable motor might need to be replaced
- The exhaust fan motor might be worn out and need to be repaired or replaced
No matter how large or small your Viking microwave repair problem might seem, you can rest assured that we’re ready, willing, and able to resolve the matter for you. The only thing you have to do is call and book an appointment. We’re looking forward to getting your microwave working again!
Is Investing in Viking Microwave Repair Wise
Ten, twenty, thirty years ago, no one thought twice about investing in Viking microwave repairs. At the time, the cost of a new microwave was so high, getting a current one repaired was always the best choice, but we’ve recently become a throwaway society who tends to think that when something breaks, the cost of the repairs will be so high that buying a brand new kitchen appliance is the best choice. We disagree.
While the answer to the question, “are Viking microwave repairs a good idea,” varies from one situation to the next, it’s been our experience that most of the time, the repairs can be done at a low rate and allow you to enjoy several more years of use out of the machine before replacing it.
Issues that have to be considered when weighing the pros and cons of the repairs include:
- How old the microwave is?
- How extensive the repairs will be?
- If there are any other issues with the microwave?
What we can tell you is that we have worked hard to keep our rates low while providing the very best Viking microwave repairs in Santa Barbara. Contact us today for your free, guaranteed estimate. You’ll be glad you did!
Should you Do your Own Viking Microwave Repairs
Santa Barbara is full of people who like to handle their own repair work which we think is great. If this is a challenge you would like to try out for yourself, we have some troubleshooting tips that might make your job a little easier.
- Check the microwave’s fuse box first. This is the cause of many problems. If you replace the fuse and it’s quickly blown again, the problem is most likely electrical.
- When your food is constantly over or under cooked, you’re most likely looking at a thermostat problem, which is good because it’s an easy, inexpensive part to replace.
- Before opening up a microwave that doesn’t start, check the door. The problem could be a faulty door latch or a door sensor.
If Viking microwave repairs are something you want to tackle yourself, give yourself plenty of time. While the team of experts we hire can complete most repairs in a short time frame, that’s because they have the experience, tools, and parts needed to get right to the heart of the problem. You should plan on allotting yourself an entire afternoon to complete the project.
Never lose sight of the fact that the work you do on your microwave will only be as good as the parts you use. The last thing you want is to spend hours replacing a part, only to have it break after six months. The best way to make sure you’re working with high quality parts is to stick to Viking replacement parts. They cost a little more than the generic parts, but they last years longer.
Why you should Choose Santa Barbara Appliance Repair for your Viking Microwave Repairs
You will not find a Viking microwave repair service that’s more popular or more qualified to handle your repair needs than Appliance Repair Pro. No matter what problem your microwave has developed, we’re ready and willing to resolve the matter. Our customers love that:
- We cheerfully handle large and small repairs
- That our 24/7 emergency repair service extends to weekends and major holidays
- That we cheerful answer all microwave repair questions and address each client’s concerns regarding the microwave
- That we can help you to better understand your warranty and how it impacts your repair options
- Our honest about prices, the repairs we do, and the anticipated future of your microwave
Let Us Handle Your Viking Microwave Maintenance
Repairs are just one of the things we do. We are also ready and willing to provide you with routine maintenance work. During these appointments, we clean your microwave and check out all the components, making sure that they are in good shape. If we see signs that you could experience problems with your unit in the near future, we let you know so that you can replace the worn part before it becomes a problem. We recommend that the average Santa Barbara resident book one maintenance appointment for their microwave each year.
How Our Kitchen Appliance Service Works
Our Viking microwave repair service represents a single aspect of our business. We also provide:
- Viking Refrigerator repair
- Viking Under-counter repair
- Viking Built-In Refrigerator repair
- Viking Wine Cellar Repair
- Viking Freezer repair
- Viking Ice Machine Repair
Who We Serve
Unlike some of our competition, we enjoy working with everyone in Santa Barbara, including property managers, businesses, and residents. It doesn’t matter if you’re a resident with only one small Viking microwave in your home or you happen to be a property manager who is responsible for keeping a hundred microwaves running, you’ll be treated like our most valued customer.
When you call us, you will enjoy working with a company that’s:
- Properly prepared
Trust us to be:
- Up front about our prices and the fact that we never charge any hidden fees
- To show up on time
- To book appointments at a time that works perfectly into your schedule and not the other way around
- To provide you with same day emergency service, including major and minor holidays
- To hand you a reliable estimate and to match any estimate provided by the competition.
- To only use factory certified parts in every repair we do.
Call us today and inquire about our Viking microwave repair and be sure to ask about any current coupons and special offers. You’ll be glad you did!