The Best Viking Range Repair
When everything is going well, it’s easy to put things like Viking range repair off. Truthfully, you shouldn’t have to spend much time worrying about what you’re going to do if your range stops performing the way it’s supposed to. Viking is a brand with a reputation for being long lasting and well built, there’s no reason why you shouldn’t anticipate several problem free years from your range.
While it’s true that Viking ranges, range tops, and freestanding ranges are well built, so far the manufacturer hasn’t been able to come up with anything that will provide an eternity of use. The longer you use your Viking range, the more the parts and components are going to wear down until the day comes when you find that the range has finally broken down. The good news is that this isn’t grounds for panic. The only thing you have to do when something like this happens if pick up the phone and contact Santa Barbara Appliance Repair, the number one Viking repair service.
Should You Try to Resolve the Matter by Yourself
Strictly speaking, it might be possible for you to handle your Viking range repair by yourself, but before you start to remove various parts of your range top, stop and consider a few things.
- How experienced are you when it comes to range repair? One of the things that make Viking ranges and freestanding ranges so popular is the state of the art technology that makes cooking with them a breeze. While all this technology makes cooking a pleasurable experience, it also makes do it yourself range repairs a great deal more complicated. If you’re not prepared to deal with the improve technology you should leave the Viking range repairs to the professional repair experts at Santa Barbara Appliance Repair.
- Are you confident that you know what the problem is? If you haven’t diagnosed the issue and start pulling pieces and part out, there’s a real chance that you’ll do more damage than good. Besides, if you don’t know what the actual problem with the Viking range is, you won’t know what tools and parts you need.
- Do you have time to see the project through to its completion? While the professionals at Santa Barbara Appliance Repair make repairing a Viking range or cooktop look fast and easy, you have to remember that it took them years to reach that point. Unless you have years of training and experience, you should anticipate the project taking a few hours to complete.
If you still feel that you’re ready to tackle the Viking range repair project on your own, the first thing you need to do is track down the owner’s manual you receive when you first purchased the appliance. This owner’s manual is a valuable resource. You don’t want to be without it. The best thing about the owner’s manual is that it’s full of all sorts of useful diagrams that show the various wiring patterns and the location of specific parts. It also includes a wide array of other general information you’ll find useful while you work on your range.
Different Viking Ranges
Viking has different ranges available and each one serves a different purpose. These ranges vary from small 30” ranges to large 48” ranges. Some are little more than a range top, while others are freestanding ranges and others have a custom sealed range top. While the basic function of each of these ranges is the same, the difference in each one poses different and interesting Viking range repair challenges.
Another area where Viking ranges differ from one another is style. Depending on how you use your range, you might have one that features a very basic style, while others can be quite complex. Many of the commercial Viking ranges we’ve encountered have many special features that make repairing them uniquely challenging which is why we request information about the exact make and model of the Viking range you have when you book a repair appointment.
Common Viking Range Problems
While there are many different problems that can go wrong with a Viking range, the one that we get the most calls on is that the range’s heating element isn’t getting warm enough.
There are several reasons that a Viking range may have stopped heating properly. When we get this type of call, the first thing we check out is the burner. We want to determine whether or not it’s producing the proper amount of heat. From there we look at the ignition switch. When these get old they will often become so worn that they stop producing the spark required to heat the range. We also check all of the wiring connected to the ignition switch.
Before we can determine how to repair the Viking range that isn’t heating properly, we have to determine if the problem can be fixed by simply repairing a small problem with the burner or the ignition switch, or if we have to replace that entire piece. If the Viking repair expert that’s working on your range determines that the component needs to be replaced, they will only use parts that have been approved by Viking. We are diligent about only using Viking parts because we fell that the high quality of the factory approved parts makes it possible for us to guarantee any of the Viking repair jobs we complete. After all, a repair is only as good as the parts used to complete it.
Additional Viking repair problems that we’ve worked to resolve to include:
- Gas leaks
- Controls that aren’t functioning properly
- Burners that are either not working, or working sporadically
- Broken sensors
- Replacing faulty wiring
- Broken auto ignitions
- Digital display replacement
- Burned out heating elements
- Range hood repair
The sooner you call us, the sooner you will reap the benefits of our high-quality, low-stress Viking range repair services in Santa Barbara.
Viking Range Repair
Each year, it seems like more and more people choose to have us handle their Viking range repair needs as opposed to trying to do it themselves, which is why we’re here! It doesn’t matter if you’ve developed a small, easily corrected problem with your Viking range, or if something major has happened to it, we’re ready and will to provide the assistance you need. We have an entire team of highly skilled, trained, and experienced repair experts standing by. Each and every one of them possesses the skill, experience, and tools needed to quickly handle any repair challenge you throw their way. By the time we get done with your range, it will operate as smoothly and efficiently as it did when you first had it installed in your kitchen.
When Should you Contact us!
We’ve been surprised when some new customers tell us that they weren’t sure how long they should wait before contacting us about our Viking range repair services. We don’t fully understand why some people wait as long as they do. We feel that the absolute best time to contact us about a problem with your Viking range is the moment the range starts acting up. The moment you sense something isn’t quite right, even if you can’t quite put your finger on exactly what that is, you should pick up the phone and speak to one of our customer service reps. After they have listened to you describe your exact situation, they’ll advise you on how you should proceed.
Here are some examples of the signs that indicate it’s time to give us a ring:
- When the range stops warming up
- When the coils are burnt out
- When the range won’t turn on
- When you start to notice it smell strange or it starts getting smoky each time you use it.
- When one of the knobs stops working
The thing you need to keep in mind is that when Viking repair issues are small, they can easily and affordably be handled. If you ignore the situation, eventually the small problem with grow into something that’s much larger and harder to repair. Even if you’re not sure that you have a problem, if you worried you might be imagining something, it’s always a good idea to seek out a professional’s opinion.
Call us today about our Viking range repair services and ask for a free estimate.
How to Find the Perfect Viking Range Repair Service
Even though there are lots of different appliance repair services in Santa Barbara, you shouldn’t assume each one will be a good match for you. There are many that will happily take your money in exchange for a shoddy repair job that will fall apart in just a few months.
One of the key factors to keep in the front of your mind when you’re trying to determine which appliance repair service you should use is that the company and the repair techs they hire need to have a great deal of experience working with Viking ranges. Viking ranges have some quirks and repair requirements that other ranges lack. A repair expert that hasn’t learned the ins and outs of the brand could result in a botched repair job that leaves you to range in a worse state than it was before the so-called expert touched it.
The single best way to know if an appliance repair service is truly qualified to work on your Viking range is by asking everyone you know. The more people you talk to, the easier it will be to sort the questionable repair shops from the one that does superior work. We’re confident that it won’t take you long to realize that Santa Barbara Appliance Repair is the best there is.
There are some other things you should be ready to ask about, including:
- Whether or not the Viking range repair services is properly licensed and bonded. These documents indicate that they’re at least qualified to work on Viking ranges.
- The repair service needs to be properly insured
- A good Viking range repair service will happily provide you with the names of satisfied clients who will give the company a good recommendation.
- From the moment you first contact the Viking range repair service in Santa Barbara until the moment you say good bye to their technician, you should get the impression that the company prides itself on both its professionalism and its willingness to provide outstanding customer service.
- Not only should the company you select be willing to provide you with a written estimate, but they should also have every intention of honoring the estimate after the work has been completed. Don’t ever hire a company with a reputation for adding hidden fees to the final invoice to handle your Viking range repair needs.
Here at Santa Barbara Appliance Repair, we’re proud to be your reliable, one-stop source for all appliance repair, including Viking range repair. Our services include:
- Stove repair
- Commercial appliance repair
- Oven Repair
- Refrigerator Repair
- Microwave Repair
- Vent Hood Repair
- Washing Machine Repair
- Dryer Repair
- Wine Cooler Repair
- Dishwasher Repair
- Freezer Repair
- Ice Maker Repair
- Dryer Repair
- Residential Repair
- And more!
Not only do we offer a broad range of appliance repair services, but we’re also qualified to work on all appliance brands, we offer everything from Viking repair to Dacor repair to Sub-Zero refrigeration repair in Mission Canyon.
When you contact us about our Viking range repair services in Santa Barbara, you’ll enjoy working with a company that provides high-quality repairs, excels at both residential and commercial appliance repair, and that will treat your Viking ranges with the same care and respect we give our own.
Call us today and ask for a free estimate.